Friday, July 1, 2011

Back!

Alright folks, Penguin Tamer is back, after a month-long hiatus. First I'd like to extend my heartfelt apologies to all my readers for disappearing like that. I was dealing with personal life issues, graduating college, starting a new job, and moving, all in the span of about a month, and coordinating all of those between three people, plus family, was a bitch.

But here I'm back now. Sad to say my gaming hasn't been going all that well, since my computer recently died and the harddrive was un-repair-able. I DM my games online, and so all my character, monster, and campaign data was lost, and I never had time to recreate it. To alleviate some of this problem, I asked my players to make their characters' tokens again, so I didn't have to spend 6 hours making them all. This turned out bad. Three players got me token 2 weeks after I wanted, and the other three still haven't done anything over the month of not playing, even when I asked them to do so (one of them I haven't heard from at all).

I don't mean to rant, but this is just kind of frustrating. I've spent who knows how many hours setting up all their stuff for them (twice), along with the campaign, and a wiki page. I just asked them for a simple token so we could start playing again, and I get half-hearted responses from half the people. That put me off to playing anymore: all they've had to do for almost 3 years is just show up and have fun, and as soon as I ask them to put a little effort into making a game possible, several of them disappear! Why should I muster up the energy required to run a game when they can't put in a little effort to help me out? I don't know, it's just frustrating.

But enough of that. I just want people to know that I'm back and will resume my posting again, most likely on a 3 or 4 times a week basis, more if time permits. Take care everyone, and happy gaming!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all the new stuff in your life.
    Sorry about the lack of response re: your games - people
    are generally pretty apathetic, unless it's something THEY want for themselves, sad to say.
    The way of the world.
    Anyway, looking forward to your posts...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.