So at the beginning, us the players set up an anti-undead consecration area around a new city to stop the undead from attacking us while there. This made the boss ghost, Salazar Vladistone, upset, because now he couldn't get into the village to tend to his dead wife's grave. So he waited for the barrier to fall, then he stormed the city and destroyed everything.
Only the twist is he still couldn't speak to his wife. When we put up the barrier, a magical ghost tower appeared in the village for seemingly no reason, and this was blocking him from speaking with his wife. Angered by this, Salzy took his ghost army and proceeded to march through the land. To stop him, we, the heroes, went to look for his body.
We had learned that on his body, Salazar had an artifact called the Arrow of Time that had the ability to remove a living creature from existence, erasing all they did from history. So that's where the encounter starts; we got to Salazar's corpse and found it guarded by a large dragon (go figure) and his host of dark dwarf attendants.
As combat starts, I went first, and charged up to one of the attendants, and killed him, as the dragon was too far away. Next the thief went and sneaked behind some stalagmites, attempting to get around the bad guys and get to the corpse for the Arrow. Then the dragon went, and he chomped on me and did a lot of damage; one or two more hits like that and I'd go down. The other 3 players went, attacking the attendants, killing all but one of them.
On the next round the thief was able to get to the corpse and grab the Arrow. That's where things got messy: Salazar's ghost appeared at the cavern entrance, and offered us a deal: We give him the arrow, and he will help us kill the dragon. He wanted to use the Arrow to remove the tower and let him commune with his wife again. So this led us to a conundrum. On one hand, we could use the Arrow on the dragon that killed Salzy, thus he wouldn't die at a time and it would essentially undo everything he did (all the people killed, towns destroyed, etc) would go back to normal. On the other hand, if we did that, Salzy would likely fight us, and I didn't want to fight him AND the dragon. So I told the group to give him the Arrow.
We put this to a vote, as the party was split, and it came out to 2 votes for using the Arrow on the dragon, and 3 votes for giving the Arrow to Salzy. So the thief throws the arrow to Salzy, and he joins the fray. Things look good, but then the 2 that voted against us back off from the fight, holding their attacks. The dragon moves to face them, and they scurry away again. One of the two, the Orgre Mage, steals the Arrow from Salzy on his way past, against our will. Me, being a chaotic neutral character, told Salzy that he could kill the mage if he wanted, and he did just that, moving to the mage and knocking him unconscious.
But not before the thief crawls over to the Mage and grabs the Arrow from his unconscious corpse. Now the thief originally voted to give the arrow to Salazar, but apparently that changed, and he now attempted to shoot the Arrow at the dragon, who has been significantly weakened at this point, with his shortbow. Salazar gets to take another shot at the thief, critically hitting and bringing him to 2 hit points; almost enough to kill him. Still, the thief gets to make his shot and hits the dragon, ending the adventure. As I am directly after the thief, I move adjacent to the unconscious mage and coup de grace him for massive damage, and instantly kill him. I then blow my action point and charge the thief, killing him as well. That's what they get for disobeying my character.
In the end it didn't matter, as everything was undone, and they came back to life, but it was still tense, and I thoroughly enjoyed slaughtering two players.
Sounds really fun, thanks for sharing !
ReplyDeletenice stuff around here, nice blog
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun adventure! always fun to slaughter some players
ReplyDeleteNice dude. I wish I could play this on a weekly basis.
ReplyDeleteKinda wish I was playing right now.
ReplyDeletethat's great. I used to play... drunk. Was a hoot
ReplyDeleteMy buddy is a great DM. I don't really get to play often though :(
ReplyDeletei need a game like this
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog email me @ woke.up.laughing@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun game... Will check it out!
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great time
ReplyDeleteSounds like a blast dude.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could find some friend to do D&D with, but I play on the America Football team in my school, so everyone is a damn xBro
ReplyDeleteMmm, i think you where right , the town can be rebuild but you had a chance to make peace with salzy.
ReplyDeletebest session ever caught my eye, i didn't read all of your blogging as of yet. What level are your characters? Taking on a dragon is always fun. Ive been playing for years. We play with modified rules and generally a small group. Currently on one of our adventures we are all level 1-3 but have some nice magical items.
ReplyDeletekeep up the stories, I'll be reading more as i have more time.
@Chris: This was one of the D&D Encounters session put on by WotC, and so this was a level 3 encounter. However, I currently DM two groups at levels 12 and 20 (30 is the maximum).
ReplyDeletethe good post, I like.
ReplyDeleteorder fioricet online
tramadol dosage order